Dear Valued Patient,
Everyone here at Wesson and Mothershed Eye Center appreciates your support and understanding to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to our friends and family members within our community and country. During these times it is critical that we preserve our Emergency Rooms for conditions that are best managed there. To uphold our oath to our patients and community, we are seeing emergency patients during this time.
In accordance to the recommendations and requirements of the CDC and the Mississippi State Department of Health, we will be closed temporarily for routine eye care.
We will have a very limited staff, so please call only regarding an emergency or any questions and concerns with your eye health.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this brings about but want to do all we can to help protect our patients, staff, and families.
Our office has a long-standing practice of disinfecting all areas of our office throughout the day, and all clinic areas are disinfected prior to every patient seen.
We also want to take a moment to update you on the status of emergency eye care during these difficult times, as our doctors will continue to see patients needing medical and emergency eye examinations.
What is an example of an eye emergency?
- Trauma to the eye
- Red eye
- Painful eye
- Flashes of light,
- Floaters in vision,
- Strange or sudden changes in vision
- Monitoring of a condition
We are here to help you and stay committed to offering you the best care possible with convenient access.
For now, coming in to see us may not be possible.
- If you're not sure what your specific needs are, feel free to call us at 662-844-3555 and we can talk you through it!
- If you are running low on contacts due to the mandatory rescheduling of routine examinations, please let our staff know as our doctors have pre-approved to extend your prescription due to the unforeseen circumstances.
- Although our optical will be closed until further notice, we are currently offering curbside delivery to reduce the traffic and exposure through the office. Just call us when you arrive, give us your vehicle description and we'll run your items right out to you.
- Some emergency glasses repairs can also be taken care of with curbside service too.
Taking all these necessary precautions will allow the walk-in clinics and emergency rooms to be available for those affected with COVID-19. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation in keeping everyone safe and healthy. Please call our office with any questions or concerns, we are always here for you!
Wishing you the best of health, The Doctors and Staff at Wesson and Mothershed Eye Center